Thursday 1 January 2015

Dear Reader, So 2014...



So the year is coming to an end and It's fair to say It's been a pretty amazingly hectic one for me. In a good way. Last year imparticularly was very challenging for me and I found myself unhappy too often. This year has mainly been full with possitivity and amazing experiences, the start to a better rest of my life. I feel like in many ways this year has shown me my inspiration to work hard for a better future. Now this isn't only relevant to education, It also applies to my blog and my YouTube. I never thought that as a person, I would enjoy sitting down and writing for others to read. I've always loved photography and having a blog for me is a perfect way of sharing the things I love with others.

This year has been an exceptional year for me and my best friends. The endless 18th's and celebrations have brought us all together closer and I genuinely love and miss them incredible amounts. My best best friends I have known for 6-15 years and it shows. Sadly losing a bunch of them to university did break my heart a little, but knowing that they are all highly achieving their goals in life makes me so happy and I couldn't be more proud.













If you are reading this girls, I love and miss you all and you are truly the best friends I could ever have.



I try to keep my personal life on the down low to a certain extent. I have been with my boyfriend a looong time and this year has been a great one for us. It makes me so happy that I was able to share with you our Barcelona trip as well as one of my first ever posts 'When In Cambridge...' I hope to share more lovely trips and experiences with you this following year.





Last year was a challenging year for my family. I won't go into immense detail into why this is or how heartbroken we all were/are. Sometimes in life bad things happen to good people and the best way to deal with them is to come back fighting and make sure you take advantage of having people you love around you. This year was an amazing year for my family, not only did we go on two holidays as a family - Mallorca and New York, my parents also ventured to California and I visited Zante with friends and Barcelona with my boyfriend. I think amazing adventures like these were extremely deserved after having a shitty year and it in many years has boosted our morale. I know next year will not disappoint with it being my parents 25th wedding anniversary as well as Aidan's 22nd birthday my 19th and hopefully both me and Aidan venturing off to university. As well as all of this wonderfulness both my parents are in new jobs and I couldn't be more proud of their achievements.






So education to a certain extent I do find difficult talking about. This year I finished my A Levels and started a BTEC 90 Credit Diploma. I didn't particularly enjoy 'A Level life' and I could blame this on multiple reasons, but regardless I still powered on through and because of A Level's I experienced things I may never have experienced. I was part of a musical this year called 'Spring Awakening' which in itself was challenging and incredible. Standing up and acting and singing in front of hundreds of people was incredible, and It's no secret how much I adore singing. I've always wanted to go to university but until recently my course was a mystery to me. I am SO lucky that I was able to jump onto my college course in september and I have been working my ARSE off to get great grades.  I decided about late august what course I wanted to study at university. So there was no hope in hell that I would have been able to start in september; no point rushing. Since then I have applied and received 4/5 offers so far - CRAZY! Still waiting on the last university, but I am without a doubt NOT complaining.






Blogging

It's ridiculous in my eyes how fast my small personal blog has grown. I started my blog late June and I've worked hard to make it progress. I've got the opportunity to meet so many lovely bloggers as well as connect with so many amazing companies - big companies too. I never thought that when I started my blog I would be getting contacted from companies such as Triangl, AX Paris and My Bandage Dress. It's amazing to have support of companies with such high profiles, not to mention smaller companies who have chosen me to help represent them. One of my favourite of the year has to be Style Edit, they never fail to surprise me with their shoes and they are one of my favourite companies I have worked with. To me I'm little ole' Han so to be thrown into PR environments and attending blogger events that serious bloggers attend, I'm talking Inthefrow and Sarah Ashcroft (like what why am I there?) Is such a privilege and I feel like the luckiest blogger ever.

www.luluslondon.com

My Bandage Dress Event
www.mybandagedress.com

Me and Victoria from www.inthefrow.com at the Ax Paris Press Event
Jumpsuit from www.axparis.com

www.styleedit.co.uk

One of my favourite blogging shots from the year, dress from http://www.missrebel.co.uk,  hat http://www.southbeachofficial.com

www.trinagl.com


I have to make a point of saying how lovely the blogging community have been to me, among meeting friends such as Lauren, Meena, Monica, Georgina, Holly and others I'm also left lovely comments on a regular basis from people who I admire and love their blogs. My blog lovin' has grown to 1534 which in itself for 6 months work is RIDICULOUS! Instagram: 5.8K (WHAT?) Twitter: 3636 (COME AGAIN??) The support system online makes me so happy. It's not even about numbers with me, It's just that all of my followers are so great at communicating, whether that be instagram, tweeting, commenting on my blog posts/videos. It's one of those things that I never thought I would be able to achieve to a high standard, let alone continue to produce.

I took a big step this year by starting up a YouTube channel - ballsy I know. Though it's nerve racking to upload videos with under a 100 subscribers I have managed to grow to 311 in 2 months, which I personally think is incredible! If my youtube keeps growing at the rate it is I will be at over 2000 by the end of next year, CRAZY TO THINK! I feel lucky to have such supportive people reading my blog and YouTube and thank-you so much.




This year has been... mental. Truly mental. And I am so glad that I got some balls and created my own space on the internet. Thank-you for all the support you've given me in the last 6 months, you are incredible and I am so lucky.

All my love and best wishes,



Share:

11 comments

  1. Such a lovely post Han you have so much to be proud of! You're a fab blogger and I know you're going to go far. Happy new year my love!

    Meena | Meena Means Me
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How quickly your blog has grown over the past six months is incredible - I'm so glad you've had a lovely 2014 and I hope 2015 will be just as good for you! Also, that cobalt blue Triangl bikini is gorgeous! :)

    aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gabrielle! it's been crazy I can hardly believe it, isn't it just 😍 xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great that your blog has grown so quickly! Congrats :) and good luck with YouTube! I recently started on there and it's sometimes really scary to put yourself out there so much!
    And I'm sorry about the tough times your family faced this year - I can definitely relate! I hope you have a wonderful 2015, though! :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year has been... mental. Truly mental. And I am so glad that I got some balls and created my own space on the internet. Thank-you for all the support you've given me in the last 6 months, you are incredible and I am so lucky.
    web development in vancouver ,
    best website developers vancouver ,

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig